Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Baseball and Awesome Socks

So I am currently sitting in the Tokyo subway system, waiting for the tourist information box to open. I've been wandering aimlessly trying to find an exchange office so that I can have money in my pocket. This is really qute annoying and I hate not having use of cell service or the Internet. It would've made my trip so much easier if I had access to these two things.

Oh thank god! I found the exchange center, plus I found out there was one right next to my hostel. Grrrrr! I just bought a blueberry muffin and an iced coffee to escape the hunger that has wretched my body since last night. I never thought anything could taste so good, but I'm assuming that it is the hunger that makes me feel this way. But alas, I feel completely rejuvenated and ready to explore the city. I think I might go to the Tokyo museum and get my history on.

I think my day was just made! This little kid sitting next to me is wearing Masked Rider socks. he's my hero!

So the museum will have to wait, because I am off to the Tokyo dome, tokyo's baseball stadium. They have a hall of fame museum that must be checked out.

Hahaha! I just almost went to Osaka trying to get to the Tokyo dome. It's a good thing the Japanese are so helpful.

Well, I'm getting off at suidobashi to check out the Tokyo dome. Ugh, it's so sticky outside, but the surprising thing is that it isn't that hot. It's only about 84 outside, which is nice considering how hot it can get.

Wow, this baseball hall of fame museum is pretty cool. Not just because they have air conditioning, but also cause of all the interesting information about the history of baseball in japan.

Well the Tokyo dome was interesting, but now it's time to go back to asakusabashi so I can eat and pay for my hostel.

I am currently sitting down in a small second floor restaurant in asakusabashi on edo street. It's called フクラ家 and its quite interesting. When you go to a restaurant in japan, the first thing that you will notice is the amount of hospitality. Even the crumbiest looking places offer excellent service. Another thing that you notice is that they use PDAs to take orders. They are high tech in everything they do. By the way, this beer I got is quite amazing. It's sweet and light, but it has a pretty powerful kick to it. The food was very good. It seems that the Japanese always make sure your food is well prepared. I think that goes along with the notion of kata, in which there is a special way of doing things, which attributes to their striving for perfection. I think now I am going to head over to Akihabara and do some nerd shopping. Nothing says otaku like a street full of anime, video games, cosplay, hentai shops, and manga.

It's the end of the day, pretty much, and I am so tired! It must be a combo of jet lag and nonstop walking around the city. Surprisingly, I didn't buy anything in akihabara. There was a lot of great stuff, but I figured I might as well wait before getting anything, especially since I can go back easily. I got shit done today as far as my lodging goes for Sapporo. For dinner, I decided to check out this ramen shop a few buildings down from my hostel. It was quite strange how you order. There is a vending machine type thing, with which you pick what you want to eat and it prints out a ticket for you. You then give the ticket to the guy behind the counter and he makes your selection for you. The food was good. The ramen I ordered had bamboo shoots, egg, beef, and radishes in it, a very tasty combination. I was going to go to a bar, but I'm too damn tired to even move, so I think I'm just going to go to sleep and prepare for tomorrow. I'm making a day trip to nikko, which is about two hours out of Tokyo. The main reason I'm going is because it's the resting place of Tokugawa Ieasu, the man who united japan and started the two hundred year period of the shogunate. Well, I think it's time that I hit the sack. I really don't feel like doing anything else, and it's too close to the hostel's curfew anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment